Wednesday, August 18, 2010

recent reads

Been devouring books during my free time lately... I love books! :)

I've re-read all 6 issues of Scott Pilgrim vs The World, and it's an awesome funny comic book series.
Can't wait to watch the movie! Thanks Pao and Nelz for introducing me to the world of Scott Pilgrim. :)


I've been reading up on new ideas every night and here are some of the books that keep the brain burning.

Seth Godin's The Dip teaches you to quit the unimportant stuff you've been doing, and just focus on things that matter to you. This book rocked my world, now I know I've got to start doing things I love.

Scott Belsky's Making Ideas Happen is an informative book on how creatives need to organize
their lives in order to push through with ideas and eventually finish them --- from vision to reality. The book packs a lot of helpful tips for the creative yet cluttered person.


And here are two current inspirations for photography:

I bought Marc Baptiste's Nudes book at Strands Bookstore back in NYC, and I couldn't take my eyes off his beautiful women. He captures them in such a sensuous and honest way that he inspires me shoot and search for my own photographic truth.


The book Looker was a surprise gift from Pao since I wasn't feeling good a few weeks ago --- this definitely made my day better! I've been a fan of Richard Kern's photographs since I was in college. His erotica shoots are raw but still sensual. I love what he does, capturing the beauty and provocativeness of women --- idol talaga! :)


I wonder what I'll be reading next month...

4 comments:

  1. chicks!!! natuwa naman ako sa book reco mo. pwede pahiram ng the dip or making ideas happen? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rica deeeee! sureness! abot ko sa yo yung books once matapos na namin ni pao. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure sure! take your time! =) natuwa ako sa pagkadescribe mo rin sa book eh. hehe miss ko na kayoooo... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch! finally put up a blog haha. is that making ideas book any good? looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete